What is creatinine?
Creatinine may be defined as extra waste product that is produced by our muscles and excreted out from body by kidneys. The final product of creatine metabolism is called creatinine. Ideally high level of creatinine deposited in our body shows that our kidneys are not working properly. Normal range of creatinine in males is 0.6 to 1.2mg/dl and in females its normal range is 0.5-1.1mg/dl. There are many reasons that are responsible for the increased level of urea and creatinine in blood stream. Basically these are endotoxins that are released by hindered excretion of metabolism of proteins. Various factors that are responsible to raise creatinine level in body may include-
- Excessive intake of medications- ACE inhibitors and pain killers
- Kidney related disorders
- Extra exhaustion and exercise
- Drugs used in chemotherapy
- Hormone related issues
- Creatine supplements and extra consumption of whey protein
- Blood loss
- Raised muscle building
- Excessive consumption of protein rich food like red meat
Raised level of creatinine is very harmful for our internal organs and metabolism. It may lead to serious disorders. Various symptoms of raised creatinine in body may include-
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness and tiredness
- Dark colour of urine
- Frequent urination usually at night
- Irritation, darkening and itching of skin
- Decreased urine output
- Oedema over whole body
- Weight loss and weakness
- Abnormal heart rhymes
According to Ayurveda creatinine problems in our body is caused by the blockage of minute and tiny channels that are associated with kidneys and urine output. These tiny channels in Ayurveda are called mutra vaha strotsa. These srotas are responsible for carrying urine and other waste material that flush out with helps kidneys. Blockage of these srotas stops the incoming of fluids to kidneys and also major cause of kidney shrinkage. Due to this shrinkage creatinine is not excreted out from body because kidneys are not working properly and responsible for causing swelling all over body.
According to Ayurveda kidneys are the main channel of medovaha srotas. It is mainly made up of rakta (blood) and medo (fat) dhatu. So infection in both these dhatus are the major cause of kidney dysfunction and raise creatinine and urea level in body.
Ayurveda is power house of herbs and various herbs are present in Ayurveda that helps to lower the increased creatinine level in blood and rejuvenates the kidneys. Main aim of ayurvedic herbs is to restore the health of kidneys and regulates that process of filtration so that our body itself works to reduce the increased creatinine levels in body. Herbs works on general functioning of kidneys and protect kidneys from the risk of dialysis.
Main aim of Ayurveda is to lower the increased level of creatinine and urea by using natural herbs that have no any side-effects to other organs and body. Various natural herbs are available in ayurvedic medicine that helps to reduce increased creatinine levels in blood naturally. These herbs may include:
- Cinnamon– Due to effective diuretic properties of cinnamon, it is considered as beneficial herb to reduce creatinine levels naturally. It helps in the process of renal filtration and increased the renal output. This effective herb also help to regulate normal blood sugar level and protect body from further renal failure and damage. Add cinnamon to your daily diet and supplements to protect body from the adverse effects of raised creatinine and other renal problems.
- Purnarnava– Purnarnava is very effective for promoting overall health of kidneys and also reduces urea and creatinine level in blood. It improves appetite and cure swelling in body due to raised creatinine levels. This miraculous herb helps to maintain molecular level and increase the volume and flow of urine. This herb is used to rejuvenate the body.
- Gokshur – Gokshur is very effective herb that cure all types of urinary related problems and kidney disorders. It also help to reduced increased creatinine levels and good for treating other renal infections. It helps to boost our immune system and remove extra toxins and free radicals from body.
- Palaash– Butea monosperma is very beneficial herb for kidney disorders and it helps to regulate normal functioning of kidneys. It is good for treating liver dysfunctions that is very harmful and main cause of renal failure. It is very beneficial herb for treating painful urination. This herb is considered as powerful remedy that fight against kidney failure.
- Varun– Varun (careteva nurvula) is again effective herb for kidney that reduces high levels of creatinine naturally. It helps to reduce the extra filled fluids in kidneys and give relief from excessive swelling. It is very good herb to promote overall health of kidneys.
- Aloe Vera– Pure extract of aloe Vera is used as powerful anti-septic and anti-inflammatory. Creatinine is the main cause that may leads to kidney failure. Aloe vera juice helps to remove toxins and free radicals that causes renal disorders and it helps in easy healing. It’s pure extract is full of vitamins, minerals, saponins and anthraquinons that are very necessary for body functioning. It is also beneficial for treating diabetes 2 that is major cause of renal dysfunction and raised creatinine levels.
- Shirish– Shrish is very powerful herb that helps in the production of new kidney cells by promoting healing process and protects kidney from chronic disorders.
Diet and lifestyle changes that helps in lowering urea and creatinine levels
- Try to manage your hypertension, diabetes, obesity and lower your cholesterol levels so that it cannot create any harm to your kidneys.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes.
- Avoid salty diet and totally restrict sodium intake.
- Avoid fatty, oily, fried, junk, canned, sugary and processed food.
- Avoid the consumption of potassium to protect kidneys from damage.
- Manage your protein intake.
- Eat more fiber.
- Stay hydrated to protect body from risk of kidney diseases.
- Totally avoid strenuous exercise that raises breakdown of creatinine.
- Consume fruit juices to hydrate and nourish your body.
- Avoid vitamin- C to protect kidneys from infections.
- Do moderate walks, exercise and try to take morning sun exposure.
- Live happy and stress free life.
- Live natural and organic lifestyle
Photo by stevepb