Pregnancy is always exciting and new for every to bea mother. A mother musttake healthy decisions during pregnancy. It should be kept in mind for every pregnant lady that while they are pregnant, they should ensure that they are taking the right food to provide the proper nutrition to the baby. It would be great if one eats a banana during pregnancy, along with many fruits and vegetables that are filled with essential nutrients and fiber.
The food that can provide the baby proper mineral and vitamins should be included in the mother’s diet.Proper diet chart is always required during pregnancy. Check out the following to get some knowledge on banana in diet chart.
Importance of banana in diet
There are vast benefits of banana and should be included in the diet as banana contains-
- High carbohydrates
- Dietary fiber
- Essential fatty acids like
- Omega-3 and omega-6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B-complex
- Many minerals like manganese, magnesium, potassium, calcium, copper, and selenium.
These nutrients add up for the development and healthy development of the fetus during pregnancy. Including bananas in the diet helps to avoid some of the complications that may arise during pregnancy and add up to the healthy growth and development of both the mother and the baby. Please be care careful, and you should avoid the black spots on banana.
Positive sides of eating a banana during pregnancy
Fruits should always be a part of every pregnant lady. So, below are some of the benefits of banana-
- Forbids vomiting and nausea
Bananas have an abundance of Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine and can cure the tendency to vomit and morning sickness. So, it recommended eatinga banana,especially in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Boosts Energy level
Bananas are filled with carbohydrates as they are filled with simple sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose as they metabolize, they fast in the body and provides immediate energy. It is recommended to eat bananas during pregnancy, especially during the last trimester of your pregnancy. The fruit even helps to drive away fatigue and boosts the energy levels.
- Lower chances of congenital disabilities in the baby
The baby’s brain and spinal cord develop with folate that is available in the bananas in abundance. So, when you include bananas in your diet, it increases your folate level in the body, causing you to avoid folate deficiency in the baby, which is known to be birth defects in the baby.
Ways to add bananas in your diet
Your pregnancy diet is going to be a different one, and eating a banana during pregnancy would help the baby’s development and growth. You can add bananas in your diet through the following ways-
- Smoothie/Shake- It is always great to include a banana smoothie or a shake in your diet, which is health beneficial and yummy both. Just blend a banana with your preferred fruit with some low-fat milk to make a tasty and healthy smoothie.
- Oatmeal- some sliced bananas, oatmeal, along with some nuts and yogurt can kick starts your morning the way. High fiber, carbohydrates, and minerals can give an instant energy boost.
- Chips- You can always keep in hand, some munching for your all-time cravings. It can be better than some banana chips. Though deep-fried chips can be salty and oily, so you can make your healthy version by replacing it with a sodium salt and bake it instead of frying.
- Whole Fruit- Don’t want to put so much effort while making banana dishes? So, you can grab the entire fruit, and you can enjoy it. This way, eating a banana during pregnancy can help you to get maximum benefits of the fruit which is both beneficial for your child and you in your pregnancy.
Dipali is an enthusiastic health blogger and the founder of lifecares.org. She likes to share her thoughts to make people inspired about their fitness. She is an experienced writer and author on highly authoritative health blogs.
Leave a Reply