Are you affected by an emergency that compels you to stay indoors for a long time? Were you ordered by your government to stay inside your home until the situation becomes better? To prepare for the worst scenario, you need to store food items that last, like the best tupelo honey from Smiley Honey.
Emergencies like wars, pandemics, and natural disasters require you to stay in your home or a safe place to avoid their adverse effects. During these trying times, you need sufficient food and water to survive. It is, therefore, necessary to store food and other essential items in your home to keep you alive and healthy while waiting for the situation to become better. This article recommends several survival foods you can buy at a grocery store near you.
Recommended Survival Foods to Store During a Crisis
Having enough food to feed your family during emergencies is necessary for your survival. You have to stock foods that last and meet your nutritional requirements. Here are some grocery items you should buy before they run out of stock:
- Brown rice – This food has a long shelf life and contains a high amount of calories, protein, and essential minerals and vitamins. When storing brown rice, put it in airtight containers and place the containers in a dry and cool area in your home to maintain its freshness.
- Peanut butter – Eating several tablespoons of peanut butter allows an individual to survive limited food consumption during emergencies. It is because this food has a high content of essential fatty acids, protein, vitamins, and minerals like iron and copper.
- Bulk nuts – When buying nuts in bulk, choose the unsalted and unshelled products as nuts high in salt can make you thirsty and increase your water consumption. Look for sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts, and other seeds or nuts as they have high essential fatty acid, vitamin, and mineral contents.
- Chocolate bars – These food items are a good source of energy and have positive effects on your mental health. They contain high calories, essential nutrients, and protein. They also have a long shelf life.
- Dried meat – Since ancient times, dried meat served as a potent survival food during disasters. Native Americans, as well as primitive tribes around the world, ate dried meat to survive. You can buy natural brands of dried beef, turkey, and other meat products in a grocery store near you.
- Coffee – Emergencies like wars and pandemics can cause you anxiety and depression. Drinking coffee has been proven as an essential way to boost your mood and enhance your morale.
- Dried beans – Dried beans like black beans, garbanzo beans, pinto beans, and kidney beans have a long shelf and contain high amounts of calories, proteins, minerals, and vitamins. They are also easy to prepare.
- Honey – The best tupelo honey is a good source of sugar and an excellent energy booster. To maximize the value of your money, you can buy tupelo honey in bulk at your favorite grocery stores.
- Canned foods – Canned goods like canned salmon and sardines are rich in healthy fats and protein. You can also eat them without cooking.
Having a sufficient supply of food during emergencies is essential for your survival. By storing foods that have a long shelf life, you can survive while waiting for the crisis to pass.
Leave a Reply