Regular workout is very important to maintain a perfectly shaped and toned body. Some work out in order to maintain their health and fitness and some for building a good physique. If you are after a strong set of abs, then one of the best exercises that you can do is cross crunch exercise.
Though this is not an easy set of an exercise, you can get a lot of benefit from this. It is a type of crunches that you to build muscles and strengthen your core. It is a great exercise that targets your oblique and abdominal muscles. This is a basic exercise that everyone must do get a toned belly.
One of the best benefits of cross crunches is that it helps to aid the lower back pain. Even, it helps in preventing lower back pain if you continue this exercise regularly. You must include this workout in your daily workout regime as it not only targets the abdominal and oblique muscles but also the muscles present in the lower back.
Along with that, it also helps to strengthen the muscles. So, it helps in overall toning of your abdominal area and lowers back. This exercise requires the movement of your upper body as well as your hip flexors.
It drastically improves the overall appearance of your problem area. You will get stabilized back and increased core strength.
How To Do Cross Crunch Exercises?
Cross Crunch is undoubtedly one of the best exercises that you must include in your daily workout routine. But, you have to make sure that you do this exercise in the right and proper way.
So, before you start you have to learn to do this exercise in a correct way or else it can have an adverse effect on your lower back too. Here is step by step instruction about how to cross crunches exercise in the correct way:
- You have to lie down flat on your back over a yoga mat. Now, you have to bend your knees at 60 degrees.
- While bending your knees, make sure that the feet are kept flat on the floor. Do not raise the heels or toes at all.
- After that, you have to place both of your hands loosely behind your head. This is your starting position and from this position, you will start doing your workout.
- Now slowly curl up your upper body with your right elbow and shoulder across the body toward your left knees while bringing the left knees towards your left shoulder. This has to be done at the same time.
- Then get back to your starting position.
- Now again curl up your upper body with your left shoulder and elbow across the body towards your right knees. At the same time, bring your right knees towards your right shoulder.
- Inhale when you are in your starting position and exhale when you curl up to touch your elbows with the alternative knees.
You have to continue this in an alternative manner i.e. first left elbow to right knee and second right elbow to left knee. If you are a beginner then do this repetition for 20 times for both sides means each side is 10 counts. Once you get used to this, then you can slowly increase your counts to 30 or even 40. You can also ask your personal fitness trainer to prescribe you your repetition counts.
On the other hand, you can also complete the repetitions of one particular side first (right elbow to left knee) and then switch to the other side (left elbow to the right knee).
Cross Crunche is a great exercise which you can do every day at your gym or even at your house. If you have back pain, neck pain or any issue with your oblique muscle or ribs, then you must consult the doctor first. This is a quite hard exercise that you need to do very carefully. Make sure you are maintaining the right posture while doing this exercise. In a case of any confusion, refer to the video to know the exact cross crunches exercise steps. Otherwise, ask your fitness trainer to show you the right way to perform this exercise.
Chester Peterson is the founder of HeroMuscles, the father of two children. I workout every day and I really want to share with you my knowledge and experience about my passion on this blog. It would be great if you dropped by, read what I wrote and left some comments.