Whether you are vaping as a substitute for smoking; enjoying recreational marijuana use; or are prescribed cannabis by your doctor, you need to find a good vaporizer that fits your needs and your lifestyle. According to researchers, using a dry herb (cannabis) vaporizer offers greater medicinal benefits, making it the preferred method of using medical marijuana. Another reason vaping is becoming so popular amongst the cannabis crowd: it is easier to use and much less conspicuous in public.
If you are new to vaping, the odds are you don’t know what to look for when buying a dry herb vaporizer. That is why we have collected a few basic guidelines for choosing one.
Pick the Right Style Vaporizer
Dry Herb Vaporizers come in a variety of shapes and sizes. From a small pen-like unit to portable ones to large desk top models, the kind of vaporizer you choose will depend a great deal on when and where you will use it. If cannabis is something you use in the privacy of your own home, then a larger desktop unit will likely be fine. But, if you will need to vape while on the road, then consider one of the smaller style pens.
What else should you be looking for when choosing a dry herb vaporizer? Check out this list for important features to look for:
- Size – As we already discussed, the size of your vaporizer can be very important. Consider how and where you will be using the unit to determine which size is right for you.
- Discretion – Will you be vaping out in the open? In public? At work? While travelling? Depending on how discreet you need to be you may want to opt for one style of vaporizer over another. Vaping pens tend to be the most private, since most people do not know what they are. Larger portable models can be easily thrown into a backpack; while large desk top models can’t be easily transported. While general vaping is completely legal, some peoplestill would rather keep their vaping private.
- Battery Life – Lithium batteries tend to have a longer lasting charge than other batteries making them a good choice for dry herb vaporizers. Plus, they can be recharged regularly. Depending on how often you will be using your vaporizer, it is important to know what your charging capabilities are.
- Ease of Use – Some vaporizers are harder to use than others. While they all have a certain learning curve, check out the usage, clean-up and maintenance requirements for any model you are considering.
- Effectiveness – Different models offer a different level of effectiveness. For instance, many users believe that vaporizing pens offer a cleaner and stronger vape, while desktop models tend to offer a mellower vaping experience. Consider effectiveness when choosing your new vaporizer.
- Cost – The smaller the vaporizer, the more it tends to cost. When comparing dry herb vaporizers, be sure to consider the overall cost of each model
- Variety – With so many different kinds (and sizes) of dry herb vaporizers on the market these days, it can be difficult to know which is best. For a complete rundown of the pros and cons of each style check out a guide for buying vaporizers.
- Your Preferred Vaping Material – Not every style of vaporizer works the same for every vaping material. For instance, one model may work well with tobacco, but not offer the same effect when using cannabis. Be sure to check out reviews of each model you consider to see how it stands up to your vaping material of choice.
Which Accessories Do You Need?
There are a variety of accessories that you can buy to enhance your vaping experience. While most of the accessories that are available to buy for your vaping unit are not necessary, you will need a lithium battery and charger for portable units. This will allow you to recharge your vaporizer whenever it is needed – no matter where you are. Other popular accessories include:
- Water pipes
- Cleaning tools
- Whips (glass tools that collects the vapor and allow the user to inhale a stringer vapor)
- Bubblers (used to cool down the vapor and making it easier to inhale)
Vaping is becoming the most popular way to use cannabis. Of course, having the right vaporizer is the only way to ensure that your vaping experience goes well. Use these important tips to help choose the right vaporizer for you.