You’ve probably heard the buzz about superfoods in the news lately. These powerful foods are not only supposed to benefit your health, but they can protect against disease, aid in weight loss, and even improve the quality of your skin.
Yes, it’s true that you are what you eat. So what foods should you add to your plate to fight premature wrinkles and keep your skin fresh and youthful?
- Blueberries: Blueberries actually contain the highest antioxidant content of all other fruits. And with these powerful antioxidants comes protection against outside free radical damage from pollution, smoking, and sun exposure. Eating blueberries regularly will keep your skin protected from damage so that your complexion stays younger for longer.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which stimulates healing in the skin. Vitamin E helps to repair tissue in the complexion and keeps the skin moist. Moisture is actually one of the most important components in wrinkle prevention. When your skin becomes dehydrated, you are more susceptible to premature wrinkles. Snack on almonds regularly to keep your skin fresh, supple, and wrinkle-free.
- Spinach: Popeye was onto something! Spinach is nutrient-dense and contains vitamins B, C, and E. Vitamin C helps to stimulate collagen growth underneath the surface of the skin, which is the substance that keeps your skin firm and strong – just like the skin of a teenager.
- Salmon: Salmon is a delicious fish full of omega-3 fatty acids to keep your skin shiny and moist. Salmon also contains the mineral selenium, which protects the skin from outside sun exposure. You can enjoy salmon a variety of different ways to receive beautiful skin benefits; bake it, grill it, or even eat it in sushi to keep your skin strong and radiant!
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain a protective antioxidant called lycopene, which protects the skin from outside environmental damage and prevents premature aging. Lycopene can repair damaged cells underneath the surface of your skin that have been harmed by environmental toxins, pollution, and sun exposure. On top of that, lycopene supports healthy cellular metabolism, which will improve the texture of your skin so that it feels silky and soft.
The best rule of thumb is to enjoy the above superfoods fresh and in their pure form. Even better, make it your goal to eat at least three of the five superfoods each day to keep your skin protected and functioning at its best below the surface.
What you eat really does matter when it comes to beautiful, young, and strong skin. Eating these protective superfoods will strengthen the outer barrier of your skin, making it less susceptible to wrinkles.
Joel Newman is an expert health writer who is passionate about nutrition and fitness. Please visit his hgh website for more information on how to naturally improve your health.