Niclosamide, commonly known as Niclocide, is a drug that is used to treat tapeworm infestations such as diphyllobothriasis, hymenolepiasis, and taeniasis. Pinworms and roundworms are unaffected. The medication has been swallowed. Niclosamide is exported by the corporation to Gulf countries, South East Asian countries, African countries, CIS countries, LATAM countries, Central American countries, and Europe.
How does it function?
It is utilized as an anthelmintic against Taenia saginata, Hymenolepis nana, and other tapeworms such as Hymenolepis diminuta and Dipylidium caninum. It is also helpful against Fasciolopsis buski and Heterophyes heterophyes infections of the intestine.
Applications Alternatively, niclosamide is used to treat infections caused by wide, fish, dwarf, or cattle tapeworm. Doctors may also administer niclosamide to treat other tapeworm infections. This drug cannot cure infections caused by other forms of worms, such as pinworms or roundworms.
The weight ratio of the raw ingredients for the first reaction, such as o-chloro-p-nitroaniline to xylene to thionyl chloride, is (14-15.5 percent) for the preparation:
- 14-15.5 percent
- 5 percent
In the next process, ethanol (11%) is employed, and ethanol is equal to the weight of xylene used in the first step. The production method has a number of advantages, including simplicity, high efficiency, low cost, no pollution, and high yield; in comparison to a conventional method, the production method has the benefit of reduced reaction temperatures; the reduction in reaction temperatures results in both energy savings and less difficulty in producing the reactor; the method also results in a higher yield of the product niclosamide, with a purity of 95.0 percent and it is ma
You may take niclosamide on an empty stomach (either an hour before or two hours after eating). To avoid stomach distress, take it after a light meal (such as breakfast). Before ingesting niclosamide powder with a little quantity of water, chew or crush them completely.
- Niclosamide may be used with or without meals (one hour before or two hours after a meal). To prevent stomach discomfort, take it after a light meal, such as breakfast.
- Thoroughly chew or crush niclosamide pills before eating whole with water. This drug should be crushed into a fine powder and combined with water to produce a paste for children.
- This medication may come in a variety of doses. It is critical that you follow your doctor’s or the label’s instructions. This is merely a summary of how to use this medicine. Change the dose only if your doctor advises so.
- The strength of the medication influences how much you take. Furthermore, these characteristics are affected by the medical condition for which the drug is being used, in addition to the number of dosages per day, intervals between doses, and length of taking the medicine.
- Pain in the abdomen
- Cramps or discomfort in the stomach
- Appetite loss
- Unpleasant flavor Skin rash
- Face swelling Drowsiness
- Itching in the lower abdomen
Precautions and warnings while using this product
- Allergies: Please inform your doctor if you have ever had an abnormal or allergic response to niclosamide. If you have any additional allergies, such as those to foods, colors, or preservatives, you should notify your doctor. Take note of the contents printed on the bottle or box of non-prescription medications.
- Paediatric: A limited number of children aged 2 and above were evaluated for niclosamide side effects and problems, but no variations in doses given to children and adults were found.
- Geriatric care: Many medications’ effects on the elderly have not been properly investigated. As a result, it’s unclear if they operate the same way in older individuals as they do in younger folks, or whether they have distinctly negative effects. There is no well-established evidence comparing niclosamide use in the elderly against other age groups.
- Nursing: Researchers discovered that breastfeeding moms pose a little danger to their infants while taking this medication.
Leave a Reply