The cannabis plant has over 100 active principles. CBD oil is formed from cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. This oil has gained immense popularity in the last few years for its known effects in providing relief from not just anxiety and stress but also for being able to promote good sleep.
Several clinical trials also have found CBD to be effective in the treatment of epilepsy. On the other hand, no evidence for adverse effects of CBD oil has been reported which makes it even more popular among people who seek natural or herbal treatment for their sleep problems.
CBD oil is also known to regulate the sleep/wake cycle. Low doses of CBD also affect alertness significantly.
Best CBD oil for sleep:
Effects of CBD oil on sleep:
- A low dose of CBD oil is known to induce sleep
- Regularizes sleep/ wake patterns
- Helps to achieve good sleep especially for those suffering from pain or anxiety from any cause
- May help to increase or regularize RE (rapid eye movement) sleep
- May help to decrease the frequency of arousals during sleep
CBD oil can be consumed in the form of capsules, tinctures or even used externally in the form of lotions or inhaled as vapors.
CBD oils are readily available, both in the physical as well as the digital market. Choosing the best one is a task. Therefore, the below-mentioned parameters will guide you in selecting the best CBD oil for sleep.
- Testing for purity and concentration – make sure that the product that you are purchasing has been tested adequately.
It is also important to check the concentration of CBD in the product that you are purchasing. There are several sellers and manufacturers who mention a certain concentration but in reality, the product lacks effectiveness.
- Cost – CBD oils are available in the market of different brands and of various price ranges. Pricing of the product is an important factor for purchasing.
There are several CBD oils in the market which are priced differently but have the same effect on usage.
Often, it has also been observed that the pricing does not even match the effectiveness of the oil.
- Dose – the dose of medicine or herb used for the purpose of healing is based largely upon individual suitability.
It is important to match your suitability with the dosage to achieve desirable effects and to avoid adverse/side effects.
A low dose of CBD oil has a stimulating effect, whereas an unusually large or unmonitored dose can have a sedative effect.
- Flavour – CBD oil is available in various flavors which is a very subjective parameter for selection.
- The reputation of the seller – The quality of CBD oil from a reputed seller or manufacturer certainly differs from the one purchased from a sub-standard seller.
It is equally important to know about the seller before purchasing the oil.
CBD oil, although known to enable good sleep, tends to work differently for different individuals. While some persons may notice favorable effects in the form of regularized sleep/wake patterns, others may notice no change in their sleep problems at all.
If you are suffering from some other pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid disorders or if you are pregnant, it is important to consult your doctor before using CBD oil, as it may also produce deleterious effects unknowingly.