Online pharmacies are one of the new trends in the field of pharmaceutical and medical services. People choose to shop for their medications online to keep their condition private or to save some money. However, online pharmacies can be kind of dangerous and may even put your health at risk.
This guide is provided by Pharmica; a verified and licensed online pharmacy in the UK. You can visit their website here: https://www.pharmica.co.uk and read more about them.
This guide will show you what you need to know before placing your order online.
Regarding Your Privacy:
Many people order their drugs from online pharmacies because they want to keep their health condition private or because they order certain medications such as erectile dysfunction medications. Some people even find it hard to talk to a pharmacist or a doctor about their needs or their health conditions and they need confidentiality. The problem is that the alternative can be worse than talking to your doctor. After all, your doctor cannot expose your secrets.
Online pharmacies, especially if they are not within the borders of your country, may offer their visitors medications without prescriptions even if the drugs are prescription-only drugs. These are the worst. Any drugs sold on the internet without a valid prescription has a high possibility of being dangerous or non-original. Most of them claim that they are the best while they don’t even have active ingredients or worse, have toxic or dangerous ingredients.
The National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) says that 97% of internet pharmacies are not compatible with federal laws and they don’t follow patient safety procedures. You may even a drug from an online pharmacy and find out that it is inauthentic and harmful.
Also, purchasing drugs from outside the UK can be illegal due to a number of reasons.
1. It is illegal to buy medications without a valid prescription written for you after being examined by a licensed doctor. This can be applied to all kinds of prescription medications from painkillers to steroids and sedatives.
2. Ordering drugs, which are not approved by the FDA (Food & Drug Administration), is totally illegal in the UK. Even if these drugs are sold where the pharmacy is, it is still illegal here.
3. Verified, licensed internet pharmacies will follow all the right procedures. They will ask you for a prescription. If you don’t have one, they can contact you with a licensed online physician to have a diagnosis.
What is the Mail-Order Pharmacy and How It Can Be Considered an Alternative?
According to recent statics, 25% of patients who should take prescription medications say that they cannot afford them because of their high prices. That is why many of them look for cheaper prescriptions online.
If you find a good offer at an internet pharmacy, this will be great. However, there is another alternative that can save you a lot of troubles and lower the price too.
You can get health insurance somehow. If you have one, the insurance company or your insurer, in general, is probably working with a verified, licensed online pharmacy that has an actual store. Now, you can have your drugs online without the fear of dealing with one of the scam internet pharmacies. This is one of the best options for people who have chronic medical conditions or take medications on daily bases such as diabetic patients or cardiac patients. You can find all the information you need at the website of your insurer or you can give them a call and ask for all the details you want. Ask specifically about how you can get your medications ordered to your via the mail-order pharmacy.
So the question now is How Can You Buy Medications Online Safely?
There are certain things that you can search for to make sure that the online pharmacy you are going to deal with is verified, licensed, and can be trusted.
1. The NABP mark the verified, licensed online pharmacies with VIPPS (Verified Internet Pharmacy Practices Site). Just search for a blue and red VIPPS before placing your order.
2. Websites who are approved by the MHRA have a history of updating their status. For example, you can check the history of Pharmica and its updates from here: https://medicine-seller-register.mhra.gov.uk/search-registry/249. Search for a similar page when you browse a website.
3. Never purchase medications from websites that sell prescription-only medications without prescriptions.
These tips will help you to shop online safely and privately so keep them in your mind.