Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ayurvedic medicine that is an adaptogen and an aphrodisiac. It enhances stamina and relieves stress. Your sexual performance improves, and you can use it to increase height, sperm count and treat a variety of male reproductive system ailments.
Ashwagandha uses to Increase height
Ashwagandha helps improve the growth of tissues and improve the metabolic activity. So, you can use this to increase the height of the person. Have Ashwagandha with hot milk twice a day, and you will have a noticeable improvement in the height of the person.
Improve male fertility
- Increase testosterone levels: Treatment with Ashwagandha resulted in positive sperm concentration increase after 90 days in a study conducted. The semen volume and sperm motility also increased. There was also an increase in the serum hormone levels. The increase in the serum testosterone level was significant meaning Ashwagandha treatment is useful for males to improve their sexual health. This is one of the best Ashwagandha health benefits.
- Aphrodisiac: The aphrodisiac action of Ashwagandha in men is due to the ability to stimulate the production of nitric oxide. For women, it produces an increase in sexual desire and satisfaction. Having Ashwagandha with milk proved more effective than having it with water as seen in a study.
- Erectogenic: Ashwagandha gives strength to the penile tissues and helps erections. It also helps improve the timing and performance of the sexual function.
- Libido booster: It makes the mood of the male and female participating in the sexual act more intense. So, there is more potency in the sexual copulation. This improves the libido of the couple and makes the sexual act more satisfying.
- Androgenic: It has good ability to improve the male sex hormones androgen and testosterone. By increasing the volume and strength of these hormones, it makes the person more sexually active and virile.
Ashwagandha augments overall health & strength
- Ergogenic: Ergogenic action means enhancing physical performance by taking supplements. This is a common practice for sportsmen because they make high physical demands on their body. Ashwagandha shows a useful effect of improving the strength of the muscles and tissues to augment the performance of the athlete. Further, it has no side effects unless one has an excess of it.
- Osteoprotective nature: Use of Ashwagandha helps protect the muscle, tissue, and bone. The tissues of our body undergo wear and tear especially the muscles. Ashwagandha helps restore the health of the worn tissues, bone, and muscle through regeneration. This is especially helpful for the sportsmen and athletes as they are likely to suffer the most damage to the tissue through excessive exertion.
- Neuroprotective: Ashwagandha displays remarkable neuroprotective action. It helps prevent damage to the nerves, and thereby, helps the person have better mental and sexual health. So, the Ashwagandha serves as a brain health tonic. It demonstrated remarkable protection for glial and neuronal cells from damage from exposure to glutamates as well as oxidative damage. The therapeutic action of Ashwagandha is remarkable in this regard.
- Cardiovascular benefit: In a study, it was seen how the use of ashwagandha helped reduce hypertension. Hypertension raises cardiovascular risk significantly. Coronary heart disease is another silent killer. The antihyperlipidemic and hypotensive properties of Ashwagandha help increase the protective action for the heart. Improved heart health makes the person more vigorous.
- Anti-rheumatic: Rheumatoid arthritis is a debilitating disease that attacks the bones and joints. It causes swelling and pain in the joints. You can reduce the pain and stiffness in the joints by using Ashwagandha. This shows good action against swelling by soothing the tissues. You can use Ashwagandha as a churna, a fine powder. You can mix this with water, ghee, or honey and have it.
- Adaptogen effect: The Ashwagandha is useful because it removes the stress when a person has it. It can even cut the anxiety that one has after consuming alcohol. All stress-related depression will disappear when you have this root because it can reduce the cortisol concentrations. When stress is present, it suppresses the action of the immune system. The ashwagandha helps remove the stress and make the person alert.
If Ashwagandha powder is mixed with warm milk and honey and consumed twice a day, it has good rejuvenating powers and produces a calming effect on the mind. This helps the person get good relief from stress and attain a sound sleep.
- Uterine Tonic: This refers to the herbs that women use to augment the female reproductive system. Mostly, it helps during childbirth by making the process easy. It helps tones the muscles of the uterus and helps move the baby during childbirth. Toning of the muscles also helps deal with menstrual problems. Ashwagandha is useful for this as it helps strengthen the muscles of the person. Have a glass of milk with 1 teaspoon of Ashwagandha twice a day for the best results.
- Antioxidant: The antioxidant property of Ashwagandha is helpful in preventing damage to the healthy cells of the body. Oxidative damage happens due to the presence of free radicals. These free radicals attack the body tissues and cause havoc. This leads to diseases such as cancer. When you have Ashwagandha, it removes the free radicals thereby preventing any damage from occurring. Find what antioxidants are?
How to use Ashwagandha
You can use Ashwagandha in the form or a tea or as a mixture with ghee. You can use the root or leaf extract in the powdered form. The dosage is 1 teaspoon twice a day or 600-1200 mg daily with hot milk. You can make a tincture or have a capsule. Again, the dosage is 600-1200 mg daily.
Making the Ashwagandha tea
To make Ashwagandha tea, take 2 teaspoons of the dried root powder. Add it to 4 cups of water. Boil for 10-12 minutes and strain it. Drink ¼ cup twice a day for best results.
Side effects of Ashwagandha
There are no known side effects if you stick to the recommended 600 – 1200 mg per day dosage. Moderately high doses can cause skin rashes, ulcers, and acidity problems. If the dose is too high, it might prove toxic.