Summer time is beach weather. It’s never too early to start getting ready for the beach. Even during winter, there are some hot spots on the globe where you can sun yourself on a bonny blue beach. The sun is merciless and shows up every little imperfection you have. Here are 15 beauty tips for the beach, which will keep you looking glorious under the honest sun.
Follow these tips for the perfect body, face, hair on beach day.
Get Your Skin Beach Ready
1. Remove all body hair at least 24 hours before you hit the beach, so that your skin is not red and blotchy under the sun.
2. Exfoliate your body with a grainy scrub that has a moisturizing base, paying special attention to elbows and heels.
3. Apply a nourishing cream all over your body for days before you hit the beach; keep heels, calves, elbows, finger nails, toe nails and knees deeply hydrated.
4. Moisturize your underarm area daily so that it remains supple and tans evenly with the rest of your body.
5. On the day you visit the beach, moisturize your face and body with a water-based, tinted moisturizer. The light tint will add luminosity to your face and will look good under the sun.
6. Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 evenly all over your face, neck, shoulders and all exposed parts of your body.
7. Take a large fluffy brush and apply bronzer on your forehead, jaw, neck, upper back, arms, chest and even legs for an even, sun-kissed, warm glow. A liquid bronzer is easy to blend, especially if you use it along with your moisturizer. Make sure your face makeup is complete before you dust bronzer on your face.
8. If you have stretch marks or cellulite on some areas, spritz some artificial tan all over your body and go over those specific areas twice.
Makeup Tips for the Beach
Get Your Face Beach Ready
9. Mix a little matt concealer with a few drops of the tinted moisturizer. Apply and blend the concealer well on areas where you want coverage, such as the under-eye area, spots on your cheeks and so on. The concealer tone should be the same as your skin. You can skip foundation completely now.
10. Apply a light blush in a color that suits your skin and makes it look natural. Smile widely into the mirror; apply the blush only on to the outer apples of your cheeks.
11. Dust your face lightly using translucent powder, especially on oil-prone areas like your t-zone. Doing this will set your blush and make it look natural.
Get Your Eyes Beach Ready
12. Apply a couple of coats of waterproof mascara on to your lashes.
13. Press the mascara brush at lash roots and wiggle it up and out so it doesn’t smudge.
14. You can try mascara in jewel tones to take advantage of the bright sunshine. If you have green or blue eyes, go for dark blue or green mascara. Don’t overdo it and avoid glitter at any cost but try to get some color in.’
Get Your Lips Beach Ready
15. Opt for a sheer gloss or sheer lipstick for your lips. There’s no call for a bright red lip on a beach. The idea is to look as though you aren’t wearing makeup at all. Since the harsh sun tends to dry your lips, best to use a tinted lip conditioner instead of lipstick. You can apply this several times during the day, if you keep a pot of it in your bag. Get one that smooth and protects your lips against the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Get Your Hair Beach Ready
16. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo, rinse and condition it. Apply a leave-in conditioner or use a treatment in your hair to prevent damage due to sun rays.
17. Tie up your hair with some great hair accessories such as barrettes, headbands, clips, ponytail holders and so on. These accessories will keep your hair neat and in place, and prevent the ‘wild-haired’ beach look that is so not cool.
Beach Gear Tips
18. Make sure you wear a wide-brimmed, fabulous hat. Your face will be in shadow and feel cool while you look utterly fashionable.
19. Grab a pair of fashionable sunglasses that come with protective lenses to protect your eyes and tender under-eye area from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
20. Carry a large beach tote that won’t suffer water damage. Best to get a patent leather tote with a shiny, waterproof exterior which will keep the contents dry.
21. Fill this bag with beach essentials such as sunscreen lotion, hair accessories, a beach coverup, leather beach sandals, a spare beach top, a notebook and pen, your iPod and a book.
Teena is content developer for male gifts company Adrenalin. Adrenalin offers more than 2000 gift ideas for adrenaline junkies that your loved ones will remember for their life.