It could be a great relief after the 10 months of struggle and on seeing the little one’s face would have a brought a lot of joy and happiness into the family.
But as a mother you should know, the pregnancy phase is still not over and could be taking a little longer. Depending on the type of delivery, your health will vary post pregnancy. If you have noticed people who have had normal delivery would be recovering much earlier than people who had c-section. The reasons are clear and obvious for the matter that they have undergone surgery.
So they should be following certain precautions to which can reduce the pain and also help them recover faster. This pregnancy timeline will help you understand your body better. This 42 weeks period is divided into three trimesters and a women’s body goes through multiple changes in these trimesters. The baby will be affecting your body which will help you prepare better for these changes.
According to some of the best gynecologists, here are some of the best practices which you can follow which can help you recover faster:
- Being bedridden will make you feel comfortable only for the time being. It will bring in obesity and weight gain. Taking a mild stroll inside the house or in the park can help. Always wear rubber slippers while you walk to avoid slipping. If possible keep someone by your side for the initial few days.
- Your obstetrician would have suggested you few ointments and tablets which can help in recovering faster. Have them without fail. Do not have any other medicine which is not prescribed.
- Always remember that you are feeding your baby and it is super important for you to have a healthy diet which will, in turn, keep you healthy. Any illness of yours can easily pass onto the baby through the breast milk.
- Natural oils like olive oil and castor oil are said to help in healing. Use them on your scare in mild quantities.
- Include a lot of protein and fibre in your diet. These can pass onto the baby through your milk.
- Do not strain yourself for the initial few months by lifting any heavy objects.
- Choose a dress which can keep the stitches undisturbed and this will also in help in the healing process.
If you feel that the baby is facing any discomfort, immediately visit the doctor. When I delivered, my family helped me in shortlisting some of the best pediatric hospitals. This helped to have an idea of who and where we are going in case of any medical help is needed.
As a newborn, the child might not always be super healthy. She or he will undergo certain health ailments like vomiting and diarrhea. All these are very common and you needn’t be a worry as long as the baby is in complete discomfort.
Always keep the mattress and the bed or the entire room where the baby is present as clean as possible. This will further reduce the chances of allergies and airborne illness. Wash your handles before you handle the baby.
There are a lot of online materials available on how to better handle the baby for healthy living and we urge you to go through that. Have a healthy, nutrient-dense diet, and talk to your doctor about weight gain on each visit. By the 20th week, the baby movements can be felt. The baby starts hearing and recognizing the voices.
Your gynecologist will recommend for an autonomy scan and check for gestational diabetes during this phase to assess the baby’s growth and to ensure that his or her organs are developing correctly.