Hair curls look absolutely gorgeous! If you want to know the various ways to recreate various curls, then just know them right away.
All these curling techniques work equally well and perfect for hairs of all length and volume. The best thing is that it is done with a single barrel. Just set the barrel at 300 – 350 Degrees, which is a perfect temperature to curl thick hair. The temperature can be reduced slightly for thinner hair. So, let’s begin with them!
This is by far the easiest and simplest curls and the classic way everyone curls their hair. This is perfect for every event, be it prom, wedding, or any dinner party.
- To begin with section your hair into 1-inch each starting from the first side to the other side.
- You can either curl your hair facing inwards or outwards. This is totally up to you.
- Once you have selected the direction, now put one section of your hair flat on the barrel.
- Also, you can start lower or higher, depending on the level from which you want your curls to begin.
- Make sure you keep the hair flat on the barrel. Also, make sure that there is no spacing in between the sections curled on the barrel.
- Set the curl for at least 2 – 3 minutes. Let the curl set onto your palm.
This is another amazing curling technique that gives a natural curly look to your hair. For this you may section your hair into medium inch sections. These resemble natural curls as the curls will never flow in one direction.
- Take a medium section of your hair.
- Start it in a way similar to classic curls. Just wrap two sections of your hair flat on the barrel.
- Leave it for 2 minutes and then release.
- Now take the remaining bottom section and curl them inward towards the face.
- Allow it to set for 2 minutes.
Yes, you can actually create 1-inch barrel to create tight curls. For this you need to take very small sections of your hair, which can be something around half inch section.
- Take half-inch section of your hair and curl them flat on the curling barrel.
- Keep some space between the sections of curling hair.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the curl to set.
- Take the bottom section of hair and curl them in similar way.
- The smaller sections you take, then tighter curls will be.
- The spacing will create a really nice shape and wave that you will love.
These are twisted curls that may take some time to be prepared with longer hair. But the end result is really tight and beautiful curls.
- Take a small section of your hair, be it half inch section of the hair.
- Now twist the hair completely till the bottom.
- Wrap the twisted hair section on the curling barrel.
- Allow it to set for 2 minutes.
- Now take off the barrel from the curling tool.
- You may now open the twisted curls and you will end with really nice tight curls with a different shape.
If you want really beautiful and nice loose waves just like a Victorian style then you must try the loose curls. The shape is natural, loose, beautiful, and perfect for every event. Even this is great when you are in a rush as you can always work with the bigger sections.
- Take bigger sections of your hair and then start from the below section of the hair.
- Place the section on the barrel.
- The trick here is as you curl your hair just go it in a sliding motion and no need to hold the curls in one position.
- What you will get is loose waves. If you have thick and bouncy hair then you will get bouncy loose waves that you will love.
These are various curling techniques with different directions. These are effortless and perfect for various occasions. So, just try them out and let us know how you love it!
Yuan Chen is a Manager at T1Hairs- Online Hair Extension Company.He has more than 6 years of experience in Hairdressing Industry and has a good reputation in this field and have a vast knowledge of curly hair.